The Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) is a new body led by employers, to regulate the quality of apprenticeships. It approves apprenticeship standards and assessment plans and maintains clear quality criteria, so that only standards that are valued by employers are approved and funded.
The institute is employer-led with an independent chair who leads a board of employers, business leaders and their representatives, to ensure employers continue to drive apprenticeship quality to the highest level.
- developing and maintaining quality criteria for the approval of apprenticeship standards and assessment plans
- supporting the development of standards and assessment plans by employer group
- publishing approved standards and assessment plans
- advising on the maximum amount of government funding that can be drawn down by employers for individual apprenticeship standards
- quality assuring the delivery of apprentice end-point assessments
- ensuring that all end-point assessments are quality assured
For more information click here