NSAN is now in its 10th year of successful operation as the only not for profit, industry-led membership organisation dedicated to helping secure the supply of skills for the UK nuclear programme, with the Mission:
‘To improve the performance of companies in the nuclear industry through collaboration and action on skills.’
As NSAN enters the next decade of working collectively with the nuclear industry to achieve this bold Mission, we are seeking a new Chair (due to the retirement of the current Chair from this position) to drive the company forward by working collaboratively with the Non-Executive Directors on the Board and the Senior Leadership/Management Team.
The Chair needs to be an individual with real passion and commitment to the skills for nuclear agenda and for the role and position of NSAN in helping the industry meet its skills challenges now and in the future. The role of the Chair includes:
- Chairing 4 formal Board meetings a year in Warrington
- Chairing other ad hoc Board meetings as required (may be by phone), up to 6 per annum
- Being a proactive and positive Ambassador for NSAN
- Supporting the CEO and Senior Management Team to successfully deliver the agreed Business Plan and to continue to position NSAN as the lead collaborative forum on skills for nuclear with members, potential members, Government and other stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required
- An understanding of the role of NEDs and Board Chairs
- Extensive experience of working in the nuclear industry at a senior level
- A positive, supportive and proactive approach to running a successful SME
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous Non-Executive Director/Trustee experience
- Experience in engaging with Government and other senior stakeholders
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to play a fundamentally important role in addressing the skills challenges facing the sector and to help ensure maximum benefit for the UK supply chain and young people in taking the UK nuclear programme forward.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please send your CV and a supporting letter outlining why you are the right person for this role and what you feel you would bring to NSAN and the nuclear industry in this position. Please send your application to Alex Bowness firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20th October 2017.
This is a non-remunerated position but all reasonable expenses will be paid.