Up to £5k Apprentice contribution available to Supply Chain Manufacturers
The Skills Academy’s Supply Chain Apprentices for Nuclear Manufacturing (SCAN Manufacturing) grant scheme has been developed to enable supply chain companies either working in or aspiring to work in the nuclear manufacturing sector to take advantage of grant funding to grow apprenticeship skills for their business.
- SCAN Manufacturing provides Supply Chain Employers with a contribution of up to £5k over the Apprenticeship framework duration to help towards the cost of employing apprentices.
- Apprentices can also apply for SCAN Manufacturing Educational Bursaries to help support their continued professional development in nuclear. Bursaries are also available to Apprentices who have finished their Apprenticeship within the last two years.
- SCAN Manufacturing is funded by contributions from larger employers in the nuclear industry. This is a clear demonstration of leadership on the skills requirements for their supply chains.
- Open to the aspirant nuclear manufacturers and nuclear manufacturers with a turnover in nuclear manufacturing under £30m per annum and less than 300 employees working on nuclear related projects.
- Manufacturing companies must be members of NSAN, and not be receiving funding from other sources for the same purpose.
- Apprenticeship delivery is via an NSAN Quality Assured Provider.
- SCAN Manufacturing contributions are for Supply Chain companies taking on apprentice/s for the first time or for additional apprentices above normal intake requirements.